We are all Zooming so much these days that we’re practically movie stars. The Patel Conservatory Theater Department has turned one of their favorite improv activities into a Zoom theater game to play with family or friends.
What You’ll Need:
2 or more players
Something to write on
Electronic devices with Wi-Fi
1+ movie stars (family, friends, classmates, etc.)
- Write a Mad Lib using any theme. This can be done before or while video chatting. Be sure to include plenty of opportunities to act. Think about facial expressions, emotions, and actions.
- The Director starts the game by soliciting ideas to fill blanks as someone would during an improv show or class.
- Check everyone’s video and sound quality. Hit Record.
- All players say, “Lights, Camera, Action” to start the game.
- The Director reads the story while the Movie Stars act out each sentence real time.
- Any phrases in the game should be spoken by all Movie Stars.
- After the final sentence, the Director says, “Cut!”
- Stop the recording and send the video file to everyone.
- Grab some popcorn and watch yourself in the role of a lifetime!
Here is quick Vacation Mad Lib to get you started:
My friends and I decided to visit [LOCATION NOT IN FLORIDA] for vacation.
We walked up to the [UNUSUAL LANDMARK] and felt [EMOTION].
[FRIEND’S NAME] said we should all take a selfie. We all made [ADJECTIVE] faces.
We were getting hungry, so we decided to grab some [ADJECTIVE][FOOD] for lunch.
Our waitress gave us the bill and said, “[FUNNY PHRASE].”
We had such a great time visiting [SAME LOCATION] that we’re going back next year!