While emphasizing health and safety and mandating socially distanced seating configurations and the wearing of masks, on Friday, Oct. 2, the Straz Center cautiously and thoughtfully began a slate of live, in-person performances — the first performances at The Straz in more than six months.
The campus came back to life with performances of Jobsite’s Theater’s delightfully comedic The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) [revised] which laid the groundwork for a whole host of programming opportunities that will utilize our Riverwalk Stage and the intimate Jaeb Theater to create experiences that feature an eclectic bunch of artists and welcome all members of our diverse community.
So that all may comfortably and safely enjoy these performances, health and safety protocols have been established for all who visit The Straz campus.
- Health screening is required prior to building entry.
- Temperature check (via wrist) is required prior to building entry.
- Masks are required for guests and staff.
- Facemasks must cover nose and mouth and must be either a 2‐ply disposable or a reusable/washable facemask. Neck gaiters are not permitted as a substitute for a proper facemask.
- 6-foot social distancing is required. Appropriate floor markers help with this in gathering areas.
- Touchless entry with e-tickets is strongly encouraged and is available by downloading the Straz Center app.
- Tables and/or seats are placed a minimum of 6 feet apart and may not be moved.
- No physical programs will be distributed.
- Cashless payments are available and strongly preferred.
- Complimentary hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available.
- Security and servers will wear gloves.
- Thorough sanitization of all spaces occurs before and after each performance.
The Straz Center’s health and safety protocols have been developed in accordance with CDC and OSHA guidelines and after consultation with medical experts, including doctors from Tampa General Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, the University of Pennsylvania and The George Washington University.